Pages

5.24.2008

woot woot!

finally made it to a doctor! by some miracle i finally convinced someone that i have real insurance, and they in turn agreed to see me, even though i wouldn't be delivering with them. it took about an hour to get there and an hour to get back, but getting someone to listen to the hearbeat and draw some blood for me made it all worth it. what was funny was that it was actually a certified nurse midwife who saw me.... wasn't sure how that would go, but had i not known she was a midwife, i would have guessed she was a regular doc. we were able to make another appointment, and we will hopefully be able to find out the gender on july 2, when my mom and sister come to visit!

every night now, joe and i have 'baby time'. we lie down and see if we can feel the peanut move. we have been trying to feel it move the last week or so, and two nights ago we both felt him give a little bump! it has become my favorite part of the day- sleep is coming and we can just lie there and have a happy little moment to ourselves. we don't get to see each other that much lately, but when he comes home and we just sit and talk, it makes it all worth it. along those lines..... today we have been married for nine months. sometimes it feels like longer, sometimes it feels like it happened yesterday. and we love each other more everyday. :)

we are making a quick trip down to north carolina in about, an hour, and i need to go finish packing real quick and go pick up joe and his sister jill so we can drive all night, sleep for a few hours, meet our newest niece, and drive back up here for work on monday. its a good thing i can sleep in cars....

5 comments:

Jarom said...

Oh my gosh- i didn't even know midwives still exist! Funny

Porter Family said...

I'm glad you found someone to see you. yea kir! Your mom and Sarah are pretty stoked to find out what kind of peanut you are carrying. :)

Katharine said...

YEA!!! That is wonderful news! I am so glad things worked out and that the little one is doing well. I can't wait to find out what your having. Also, we are so excited we are going to be so close to you guys next year.

Kelsie J said...

Katie!!!!! i am so excited for you!!!!!!! Youre going to be a MOM!!! Crazy cool!

Vindie said...

I love you guys! Typical Katie sleeping and Joe watching the movie =). I watched P.S. I love you this weekend and didn't cry!! Woot woot. Also I can't believe the peanut is moving!!! I need to call you and find out how weird that feels!