remember- she came to me!
This is my first blog and my wife doesn't know about it but I just wanted to let everyone know that I'm done for the summer and packing up to head out to Utah tonight!!!!! As an office we finished as the number one office ever. I beat my summer last year, but not by much.... I'm just glad to be done and glad I'll get to spend time with my wife again. The best news of the night is that our office did well enough to win free video camera's for all of us rep's.... Well hopefully my wife doesn't get mad at me for posting a blog but hey I also wanted to publicly thank her for pushing me this summer especially at the end when i was burned out.... She truly is amazing and does so much. I'm proud of her this summer as she worked while being pregnant and had to deal with me on the days when i was in a bad mood from selling... i'm truly the luckiest guy ever. Well i've got a lot to do so i better get at it.....
we left and headed back to dc for our last week of work! what a relief it is to be done! i left yesterday morning to fly to st. louis to spend a couple days with my family, before heading back to utah, but i just didn't have enough time to finish things with work and pack, and ended being the in the office til almost two in the morning, and we had to get up at 5.30 to leave the next morning! i had a quick flight (it really was quick, we even arrived almost twenty minutes early! so unheard of these days!) and my mom and i have been talking baby stuff ever since! i have been holding back all summer because i knew we wouldn't have room to bring things back, and its been so fun to start making some decisions! some friends threw me a great baby shower last night, (thanks again heather and kirsten!) and i think that this baby will be the best dressed baby ever! she probably won't have to wear the same thing twice- she has so many cute clothes!
anyways... just wanted to document.....
lame! its not letting put up pictures right now... i'll get back to that later!
this was after dinner....
and just because i like talking about him- here's some info:
2. how long did you date? friends for a long time, best friends for 5 ish months, dated 5 weeks.... engaged 5 months
3. how long have you been married? one year tomorrow!
4. who eats more sweets? not sure... it could be a tie, but i probably do
5. who said I love you first? he did
6. who is taller? he is
7. who is a better singer? he definitely is- just come over and listen to him shower on sunday mornings and sing hymns in samoan- you will agree.
8. who is smarter? i probably have better grades, but i think he knows more than me.
9. who does the laundry? i mostly do it, but he helps, and will do it if he needs something. and he will usually refold his socks.
10. who pays the bills? we share. he does more though. and he makes the money to pay them
11. who sleeps on the right side of the bed? looking at the bed, i sleep on the right. laying in bed he sleeps on the right.
12. who mows the lawn? we haven't gotten a chance to mow our 2 ft. by 5 ft. patch- we left before the ground had thawed out. but he was in charge of finding someone to do it for us for the summer. he probably will be the one to do it though- i somehow got skipped growing up and have never actually used a lawn mower or even a weekwacker. i am not sure how this happened because i did a lot of yard work, but no one ever bothered to ask me to mow the lawn. because everyone else liked it? most likely because i am a klutz and am not allowed to handle power tools...
13. who cooks dinner? me most of the time. he helps sometimes, and will do any grilling. he likes to make breakfast though- he's pro
15. who is more stubborn? i probably am.
awkward.... not. but i like it
18. who is more sensitive? tough call- but he probably is- he will actually cry during a movie.
19. who has more siblings? the same- we are both the middle child of five, and we both have two brothers and two sisters
20. who wears the pants? he actually prefers his lava-lava.
searching for more
fighting for the watermelon
and this little guy- my absolute fave munchkin! i just want to eat him up!
here it is! at my last appointment i weighed in at gaining about 16 pounds, and measuring 28 centimeters at 28 weeks- absolutely perfect! i've gotten a lot of comments lately saying i look too little to be 7 months, but i'm perfectly average, in the middle, normal, on schedule.... like i am with everything else. (except my blood pressure- a low 94/68. i've always had low to normal, but it could just be the nurse. the appointment before last she couldn't get pressure or even a beat in one arm....which would mean i was dead) should i take everything looking normal as a good sign? i think so.
joseph william brewer
katie anne bowerman brewer
a little asian looking..... chubby cheeks...... plenty of hair....... whaddya think?
joe has had a great summer selling, but the last week and a half have been really rough for him, due to being extremely ill. we can't figure out whats wrong, and its lasted way longer than a flu bug should last..... we have tried to get him to a doctor and as always, health insurance has been a struggle. besides which we figure they wouldn't tell him much anyways. we got him in finally, and of course that was a total waste of time. hopefully he kicks this soon!
despite him being sick and afflicted, i continue to be spoiled by my wonderful hubby who suprised me with the book that i have been dying to get my hands on. i was waiting patiently to borrow it from my sister, but he bought it for me and it came yesterday! i have had to force myself to not speed through breaking dawn and savor it as long as possible, and its killing me! i have to do little things to reward myself to be able to read another chpater, like do some laundry, clean the kitchen, etc., basically all day. we'll see how long i can make it last!
other than that we have few other things going on.... we leave in three weeks- only three weeks!- and head back to provo. we're making a stop in st louis on the way back. its all i can to to keep myself from starting to pack up already. hopefully we can fit in a few more things while in the nations capital, and make use of the time we have here!
so this is something thats been happening....... i wish i could post a picture of this so you can understand, but again the whole camera thing.... we've had a problem with a leak in our bedroom ceiling. there was a leak from something up there, they thought it was the water heater, and so they 'fixed' that, said to let it dry, but then it keep dripping, kept dripping, and finally decided to actually look and see what was going on. it was the sprinkler system that was causing the leak, and because it was so bad they had to cut a ginormous hole in the ceiling, which revealed tons of moldy, nasty insulation and rotting wood. they fixed up the sprinkler stuff and took out a bunch of stuff, but they still want it to dry out before patching things up again, so we have this gross, smelly hole that i stare at every night, and it freaks me out. i have this weird 'fear' of mold, and this seriously makes me sick to look at.
speaking of being sick..... i'm down to 80 days left of this pregnancy! its been fun, but i'm totally ready to meet this little girl! and besides which, i am getting anxious to start getting the nursery and everything set up! we spend time everyday looking stuff online, taking notes of what we like, what has good reviews, and so forth. there will be plenty to do as soon as we get back!
i'm gonna go see if i can find that camera battery charger, and then maybe read another chapter.....