Pages

8.31.2008

puppy love

just a little post dedicated to my puppy. my puppy- as i will always call her. she's an old lady now, about to turn 13 (63 in people years!) this year, weighs at least twice what she should, mostly blind, deaf, and is losing her sense of smell, but she still acts like a puppy sometimes.
she came into our family for christmas one year, and has moved with us all over the country. we named her Oreo, for she looks like the cookie. anyways, i don't want this to get depressing, because we know her time with us will probably not be much longer, but she really is a member of the family, as much as my dad doesn't want to admit it. i just want document two things- 1- that today she came to sit with me over everyone else- thats why shes mine :) and 2- my mom and i are pretty sure that she gave herself a brain freeze a couple days ago! see, my mom has this ice cream for dogs, and it comes in a little dish, and she takes it out of the dish, puts it on a plate, and it looks a bit like a hockey puck. normally she just licks it up, but she decided she wanted it so bad, and she bit into it and ran off with the whole thing! it was too funny and made a big mess, but she kept doing it, trying to eat it really fast, and we are pretty sure she caused herself to get a brainfreeze!


remember- she came to me!

3 comments:

emiandnan said...

ha ha your dog is awesome! That's really funny about the hockey puck-doggie ice cream. I've never even heard of that... well I hope you are having a great time driving back to Utah!

Jarom said...

so that last comment was mine- i don't know why it was posted like that

Porter Family said...

Ha ha ha. Love oreo. Sarah told me that the first time your mom brought those Ice Pups home for Oreo and didn't bring your dad any he was a tad bit upset. :) Hope you made it to Utah alright!!