Pages

8.08.2009

the gathering place

we're halfway through the weekend already, and its been a whirlwind of cleaning, eating, driving, tulle candles and cake, bikes and lots of laughs and giggles. linds, marsh, and monster got here wednesday afternoon, i got here wednesday night, chris and holly made it friday morning. mom marsh and i drove up to navuoo thursday night and attended our friend's sealing. it was beautiful and we were grateful to have been a part of such a wonderful event. drove back down here, put the finishing touches together for the house, everyone came, we ate and chatted the night away, cleaned it all up and went to bed. this morning was the bike ride- so fun! beautiful trails and the perfect weather this morning. for a few minutes everyone but me has left the house for various things.
{my little buddy}


{me and the bride! good high school buddies!}


{bride and groom- miranda and tyler. so beautiful!}
{monster.... i mean.... monkey! yeah monkey}
{siblings. not sure what is going on with my neck.}
{fyi- this pipeline originates in alberta, canada, and will eventuall reach the gulf of mexico. part of my dad's project he's workin' so hard on!}

next up- ice cream, bowling, more laughter, pictures, cafe rio salads, church, probably some tears, and then we head back. for now i will share these few pictures (from a few hundred already taken) from whats gone on thus far, and then enjoy some more time at the gathering place.
favorite quote so far- 'you didn't have those the last time we did this!'
the funniest- watching claire in her squeaky shoes
most memorable- will happen tomorrow when we say our goodbyes to little bro marsh for 2 years.

2 comments:

Southern Belle said...

Hey Katie:) Your little baby is so cute!! I was just reading your blog and noticed it said your husband was getting a coaching minor. What is he planning on going in to? I was just wondering because I got a coaching minor at BYU and I ended up being a teacher/coach at several different schools... anyway, I was hoping I could save you some time and money (and I am not trying to be offensive) by letting you know that the coaching minor really meant nothing to the people interviewing me. Most schools don't even offer coaching minors, so no one was very impressed by it. They care way more about actual experience with either playing and/or coaching the sport. My husband is also a teacher/coach and he doesn't have a minor. But, maybe he is going into something other than teaching/coaching?? Anyway, if you wanted to ask me any questions about that my email is stacita@juno.com, and I really am not trying to be rude or annoying, so I hope its not offensive, but sometimes its nice to know what you REALLY need (the people at BYU sometimes like to make you think you NEED to get degrees you don't actually NEED, for example they told us we would have a hard time finding a teaching job without a health minor and I was hired to teach health and I didn't even have any classes in health, so, I was very glad I didn't listen to them and stay in school a year longer for the health minor... anyway, I hope that is helpful info... I am glad to see you are having fun with all the family in town!!

Vindie said...

Claire is so cute! She looks so old! I love her smile! I'm glad you had a fun weekend!