Pages

10.10.2010

ten for 10.10.10

i've been at my parent's house in illinois for 2 1/2 weeks now, and have had some down time (thanks momma!) to think, ponder, meditate, etc. and i have decided on, realized, recognized, understood, admitted to, etc., a few different things. here's a few.

1. cream cheese makes just about anything 1000 times better. except my waistline.

2. while having large, squishy babies is great, seeing them in the "cutest-outfits-you've-ever-seen" just once is kinda sad.

3. i may or may not be coming around to raising my kids in one town/city, at least until they graduate high school. the thought of staying put somewhere is still strange and terrifying, but becoming appealing. seeing my sister recognized for something that could only happen because she went to just one high school made me slightly jealous. (not complaining mom!)

4. i've changed a lot since high school. more than i thought i had. we found all my old cd's from from way back when, and joe listened to them while driving the moving truck to utah. he just laughed and told me i was cute. ha.

5. at not yet two months, caleb is teething. i could feel those little bumps, but didn't want to admit it because then it would really mean they are there. but lets face it- i had teeth by two months, this is really not a surprise.

6. the color change to fall is beautiful, but i. am. not. ready. for. it. there was a day when it was around mid-50's in the morning, and the amount of 'stuff' we had to take with us tripled. really not excited with having to haul all the extra stuff around.

7. i still don't really care for organ music. especially poorly arranged organ music. but listening to good flute music (that my sister sarah is playing!) is quite lovely.

8. there are few foods that i don't like. with everyone in my family i can immediately come up with something they don't care for. (chris- uncooked mushrooms; lindsay- tomatoes; marshall- mushrooms in every form; sarah- roast; mom-peaches; dad- sun-dried tomatoes). i can't really think of something i don't like. i'm a pig- i just like food!

9. the movie "saturday's warriors" will ALWAYS be one of my favorite movies. as cheesy and awful some (all) of it is. my sister got the DVD for her birthday, and it comes with a karaoke feature. you bet we stayed up watching it and singing and dancing to it (so maybe i was the only one dancing....). julie is my favorite. sarah was laughing that i know all the words still, but i can't ever forget them after watching it nearly every sunday for about ten years.

10. my parents really are the best ever. and my in-laws are pretty awesome, too. and i'm so lucky they all like each other- i know that doesn't always happen. love you guys!

hope you did something fun for 10.10.10! did you know that this month there are 5 fridays, 5 saturdays, and 5 sundays? only happens every 843 years! weird, huh?

2 comments:

Vindie said...

Love this post. When do you head home? I want to chat...but I didn't want to cramp your family time. Call me when you're free? Kapeesh. P.S. your random fact at the end of this post made me a huge fan of this month.

timpani76 said...

Hi! I'm in your mom's ward. Your kids are just so cute I gotta say ;)

(and it's nice to know that there is someone else out there who loves all kinds of foods!)