Pages

7.19.2011

cashing in


i called my mom on my way to the gym, to catch up without kids screaming, pulling my leg, asking for milk..... she asked what i was up to. "oh, just headed to the gym, and then the sweet tooth fairy." 
insert a burst of laughter from mom, and then more from me when i realized how awesome that sounded.

half off from groupon? yes please! i didn't even need to think about that one, so much so i clicked it twice. i did finally realize what sabotage i was creating, and limited myself from that third one though! 


i only ate 2/3 of one cupcake though, k? and that was my entire lunch! those boxes have (way too many) cookies in them, and those are all for mutual tonight. lucky girls huh? lucky i made the stupid mistake of clicking "buy" twice that is!

i needed a pick me up, its been a kind of bittersweet day. being gone for a week sans kids for girl's camp means no more nursing, so i decided to make sure i didn't get sick or whatever before camp (next week!). bubba has always loved it, and we've been weaning him really slowly, but knowing that this morning was the last time has made me fight back tears all day. i know he knows. and it stinks. but i made it almost a whole year despite setbacks and whatever, and i think i'll finally be able to lose the last of the baby weight that has been nagging me for six months. and have a little freedom. little guy is turning 1 in a few weeks, and i am so excited we'll be celebrating with his twinner cousin! anyways. too much going on during summer to post more regularly, but i'll try and get something else in before camp. go find a sweet treat and celebrate a little victory for yourself!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I can't believe he is already almost 1! And yay to you for nursing a whole year. Now that I'm starting on that journey, I realize what a true accomplishment that is, so good job!

Yaya said...

I WANT A CUPCAKE FROM THE SWEET TOOTH FAIRY! hmmmm....would it get smashed in your suitcase.

It is definitely a bittersweet day when you stop nursing! There is a bond and special time that isn't replaced. But......it is nice not to be glued at the hip (or b) as the case my be! I would say it was a cupcake worthy day. And you did go to the gym!