Pages

12.17.2011

meet the asian


susan is a roomie from my freshman year in the dorms.
susan is a rock star for so many reasons. 
she is asian. 
she is the only member of our church in her family, and is such a good example.
she finished her nursing degree, after having a baby.
she has the fattest asian baby ever. (it takes everything i have not to eat her)
she has some sweet dance skills.
she likes HP more than i do.
she is kind, sweet, smart, funny, and lets me watch her fat baby.

i love staying connected with this girl. we see each other regularly. i watched her kid while she went to school. but we got the husbands to watch kids, went out to lunch and lost track of time talking. i love having a friend that i can do that with. in fact, i saw her three times that day, and we still had things to talk about. how? and how did we end up living just on other sides of the freeway, and we dont manage to see each other more?

and she is an incredibly good cook. legit asian food- i still drool thinking about her chow mein feasts she cooked up for us. and anything she bakes. i couldnt resist saying yes to some of her cookies last night, after we already went out and had ice cream.

gotta love a good friend. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katie, I'm pretty sure you are the rockstar. You watch Ginny for me, pretty much every time I ask. And she's always happy and well behaved when I come and pick her up. Definitely would not have finished school if I did not have you. But seriously, let's just be friends again. I'll make some chow mein.