Pages

7.02.2008

its....a....girl!

so we FINALLY found what we are having and couldn't be more excited to welcome a little girl into the world! but there is a little story that goes with it- but i'm a little embarassed.....

so my mom and sister sarah decided to take a little trip out to see us, and got here saturday. they took a quick trip down to virginia to see my aunt and to visit williamsburg yesterday, and they planned to just meet us for lunch in virginia right before the appointment today. it was a little hectic and crazy morning, and i had to be in the office for a few hours before we could drive the 45 minutes to the doctor. i was a little late leaving, and then i realized that i didn't have my insurance card on me, and that i needed to pay for something online before the appointment. i turned the apartment upside down looking for it, and never did. i dashed to a computer to pay the bill, then ran back to the car, anxiety gripping me because we were late and i wasnt sure if they would see me without my card.....

there was no traffic somehow, so we were able to get there on time. ate a quick lunch and got to the office. check in, (was fine without card) wait a little bit, have the ultrasound, and they tell me i can go do a urine sample. (this is where it gets funny!)
two confessions:
i HATE trying to pee in a cup! its always a disaster and i get a little nervous every time i have to do it.
i also think that people who drop phones in toilets and then ruin their phones then have to ask for everyone's number again are DUMB for using their phone in a bathroom.

so i go in there, freaking out because i had just seen my baby and found it was a girl but trying to be all chill about the whole thing. i had my phone in my back pocket of my pants, and i was like oh, don't want the phone to fall in, i'll take it out and put it away so i don't drop it in. so as i pull my phone out (that i just got a few months ago) it slips and splashes into the toilet! wanting to save it, i snatch it before it goes down the pipes, and pull it out. i pressed a button and it still worked! i cleaned it off, and then proceeded to finish my business, which took forever! then after sanitizing everything that i could and cleaning off the phone like 6 times, i looked to see if it worked again, but alas, no luck. and drying it off didn't help either. so basically a really expensive doctor's visit. dangit. so anyone who has been waiting to hear the news, i'm really sorry i had been planning on letting everyone know what we are having, but uh, thats gonna have to wait til i can get a new phone.

anyways..... great appointment, she looks perfect and healthy, and we can already tell a few things about her: she has my nose and joe's feet! we have a pic of her foot and her second toe is longer than the big toe, a trait that joe has but i do not. she's got sass and kept kicking away while she was doing the ultrasound. it was so fun to have my mom and sister there, it is a completely different experience that what she ever had. um i havent taken a picture of the pictures that they gave us, but i'll get those up sometime. now time for bed. i'm exhausted!

7 comments:

Nicky said...

1. I just tried to write on your facebook and say again how excited I am about baby girl brewer. it didn't work, so let me congratulate you again, and tell you how excited i am to start looking at stuff on line with you for baby.
2. phone + toilet = my worst nightmare. you are such a hero for going after it.
3. More importantly, I am so excited for you and joe!!!

Zach and Katie Hillstead said...

yay!!!! congratulations! it is so fun that you know now! i was wondering what the deal was because i texted you to find out what it was, and got no response. i was like, that's weird i would think she would be really excited and write me back, and then i worried that something was wrong. i was up in the office later and jessica told me you were having a girl....so i am glad everything is good and it was just your phone! don't worry i did the same thing once. live and learn i guess!

Vindie said...

OH MY GOSH! KB! A girl!!!! So excited for you! Dangit about your phone. Call me when you can. I can't believe you'll have a little girl soon!!!

J & J said...

yay!!! love baby girls. congrats!

Polka Dot Craft Parties said...

Yaya and Papa are excited! We love our grandbabies! Papa is partial to girls, though.

Beth said...

Congratulations, Katie!!!

Porter Family said...

Congratulations! I'm really super excited for you. Peeing after an ultrasound is one of the most relieving feelings you can ever have. :)