Pages

2.22.2012

Help!

I am at a loss. I can't figure out how to fix Claire's lips. She licks, bites, whatever all day long, and I just don't know what to do. It's been since a little before christmas, and the ring around her mouth keeps getting worse. She has also had a runny nose since then, and I'm wondering if it's because she is getting the little dribble? The only time it was better was when we were in Texas and she didn't have much of a runny nose- and she let Grammy put Chapstick on (grammy must have magic powers? Is claire just scared of me?) She absolutely melts down if I try and put anything on her because it's "spicy". And I have tried just about everything- different chapsticks, soft lips, blistex, Vaseline, even m&m flavored Chapstick. I've tried sneaking in and putting it on at night, which helps keep her from bleeding, but she wakes up crying and wipes/licks it off as soon as I do.

Any ideas or suggestions? EVERYTHING I've tried, like letting her pick out the flavor or color has backfired majorly, and seems to make it worse. That girl.... All the bribes don't help either- she is just a little stubborn thing :) really don't know what to do!

3 comments:

Yaya said...

Could it be an allergy? An allergy can manifest itself in many ways...she could be licking because she has a funny tingling. And you are right, she could be licking because of the dribble. Have her keep a tissue in her pocket (better yet - buy her PINK tissues)and have her wipe her nose when she feels the dribble. It is partially a habit. Try rewarding her for NOT licking. Try Aquaphor when she is asleep. It is really thick and does wonders. She is a stubborn girl! Good luck!

Anonymous said...

I would use vaseline! that always works for me and it doesnt give that sticky icky feeling.
Hope that helps...i still use it everyday and i used it on my kids when they got those lips like Claire.
Hugs
Katie R

Savanna said...

Aquaphor!! Can't wait to see pics of your new babe.