Pages

12.12.2010

i love my church

and my ward specifically.

no one is perfect. and most everyone understands this. and everyone tries to help everyone, give comfort, improve the situation in every way possible, just be a good friend in general. its awesome. (of course there is drama, feelings get hurt, whatever. they are still human)

and when the word gets out that im having the gallbladder out, no less than five different women came up to me to tell me they too, have had theirs out, and gave advice, comfort and offered to help in whatever way they can (babysitting, more babysitting, meals, more meals).

and this really means a lot to me. my mom (bless her heart) really wanted to be here to help out, but its been kinda last minute, so that didn't work out, but tons of people have stepped up to lend a hand. 

in my mind, this is really what its all about. being a christian, having charity, sharing the love of christ. and i so appreciate that the people who surround me get that. i cannot STAND to miss church because of that. i love being buoyed up by everyone, to know someone else is going through the same thing. to hear someone say they love my child, or give some other genuine compliment. 

and those are my thoughts. happy sunday. 

2 comments:

LinnieBell said...

love you :)

glad i got to see you and the kiddos for a few minutes tonight!

loves, me.

Polka Dot Craft Parties said...

I wish I could be there to help too! You will be in our prayers...