Pages

12.06.2010

watch yourself

a snippet of my day-to-day conversations with claire.

scene: me, usually in the kitchen. claire, usually watching mickey mouse, maybe oso.

claire: mommy! i did it! mommy! dance! (grabs my hand and pulls me to the family room)

me: what do you need?

claire: shake your bum-bum mommy!

me: ....??? (me, wondering if i really taught her that. yep. i really did. three mommy points awarded)

we do lots, and lots of dancing round here. lots of jumping, spinning, twirling, and bum-bum shaking. arm flailing, rolling, and twisting gets thrown in as well. and when we do it well we get hugs, high fives, and kisses. these are moments of pure joy watching claire feel accomplished.

now if only she would pee in the potty.... and not next to it. that would worthy of a huge celebration.

pictures are forthcoming. our computers have gone kaput, and trying to adjust to a temporary mac (thanks linds!) for the time being. your patience is appreciated. also, should a temporary lapse in posting occur in the next few weeks, please excuse the absence. i could be dying. or in the hospital getting the gallbladder out. should be fun. hopefully before the end of the year, maybe not. but hopefully, because i feel like i am dying sometimes. like my back is being stretched out, and my insides are being twisted around like a fork twisting spaghetti. its great fun at 3 in the morning when that happens, caleb wants to eat, and claire wakes up yelling for milk and mickey mouse. it gets better when you can only find expired tylenol and excedrin and all you want is sleep. SO fun. husbands are really great for helping get the milk and convincing claire mickey is sleeping so you should too, and getting caleb to put off eating for a little bit longer. and then rubbing my back til i fall asleep again, even though hes been working like crazy lately.

have you seen my sister's new blog? it makes me smile. wish i'd thought of that.

No comments: