Pages

4.11.2011

decisions decisions

i just can't decide. ugh there are so many other important things going on in this world (like keeping bubba from walking. almost crawling but tries to pull up on things...) but i feel like i am at a point where i need to decide.

i need to decide if the next hair cut will be one to keep my current cut and freshen it up, or cut so i won't grow out weird. so we are familiar:


keep the hair short.
pros: really, really easy to do. takes five minutes. makes me look older/younger. (i've heard both. basically no one can tell my age. especially when i stand next to my sister.)

cons: only so many things to do with it. can't pull it all back. i miss long hair.

or let it grow back out.



pros: keeps me young (? or older? not sure...) so many things to do with it. i think it looks good? i miss it.

cons: takes forever to do, lots of maintenance. will take about three-four years to grow out.


i just don't know. so i need someone to tell me. my husband thinks its hot either way. (so long as its not a funky-weird short). he is of no help.

i sometimes think i look a little boyish with it this short. probably because i have ALWAYS felt i look a little boyish, thanks to always hearing that everyone (minus lindsay) thought i was going to be a boy before i was born. so i usually kept it long. but i have been loving the quick and easy lately.

anyways. someone give me opinion. insight. please? all thoughts that have ever come my way is that it looks good both ways... family, friends, and several hair stylists. no one will tell me i am a long hair or short hair person. are they just being nice? maybe it does look good both ways? does it not? makes me look too old? too young? keep in mind... i am only 23. with two kids. so i don't really know that anything is exactly appropriate, but maybe i don't want to look older than my sister who is 4 years older than me. ugh i don't know. someone else decide.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here is my input. Keep it short. I want to go back to your length of short...mine is a tad TOO short right now. But this isn't about me.....:) With little kiddos, if you have it long, are you really going to curl it and style it more than on Sunday. Um, no. Or if you do you are better than me. Instead it will be back in a ponytail. every. day. And while we both could probably agree we would die for a ponytail right now...day in and day out not having a style leads to extra frumpy-ness. Which you are not. So there is no worry there....BUT. I thought i'd give you a definite "in-one-direction" opinion.
And by the way. You are dang cute. And i am SO unattatched either way!!!
love, L

LinnieBell said...

it's funny you should blog about this very topic. i was thinking about your hair as i was falling asleep last night. (weird, yes.) but i was wishing i had long hair again, but didn't know if that made me look young...i just laugh when people think you're older. someone saw my FB profile pic the other night, and pinned you as being the oldest, sarah as the middle, and me as the youngest. go figure. maybe it's the hair.

wanna look old? keep it short. young? grow it out.

there's my 2¢.

*me.

Katie said...

Ok, I feel like I had this problem myself. My longer hair made me feel "hotter" (lol, "feel" being the important word there), but like the first person said, if you don't curl it everyday then it just starts to look gross. And I figured with a baby on the way it just wasn't realistic to take all that time in the morning. Maybe grow yours out a little longer so you can pull it back (I can get most of mine back) and try doing different things with it short to mix it up. You'll be cute either way :)

Stephanie Graham said...

I am also having very similar thoughts and can't figure out what to do! I had short hair for the first 4 years i was married and now it's really long... everyone says on Sunday that they love my gorgeous long hair, and I like it too... but that happens about once a week! It takes WAY too long to do! So it is usually up in a not as cute pony tail most days. I miss short hair for that reason- it was way quicker so I wore it down and cute more. I also have the same reaction about age- lots have told me short/long hair makes me longer younger and older- never just one. How can it make you look both at the same time?? haha. Anyways... I really like the pictures of your short hair... in fact, i want to cut mine that length. Good Luck with the decision!

Nicky said...

I seriously think either way is great! Short hair is SO much nicer in the summer when you don't want to spend oodles of time on. I like mid length, that way, you win both battles! =) Looks like you guys are doing great!

Mom and Sarah said...

Time for mom to chime in on her beautiful daughter, who by the way, has never looked like a boy! Where did that idea come from??
Short hair with kiddos is indeed the way to go - and long hair (and mine is not even that long) sure takes a long time to do. Can you last till you get home for more one more last appointment with Carmen????

Joseph said...

i think i can wait for one more with carmen... you read my mind! i am dying because i don't know who to can do my hair after her!

Savanna said...

Long hair!! Keep it long for as long as you can before it drives you crazy. You can trust an old roomie and bridesmaid.