Pages

1.23.2009

did i hear that correctly?

am i wrong on this one, or does the guy that was sitting behind me in world civ think the world revolves around him? this is a recap of the monologue he gave his wife before class started-

i will never go to another byu choir concert. i went to it and when it was over i needed to go to class, but i needed to make a copy first. i was already going to be a late for class, and this girl was making copies at the only copy machine! and she was making a ton, really she should have gone to the jfsb printing center and had something like that done professionally. really she should have done that somewhere else. then she turned and said to me that there were other copiers on the second and fourth floors. i was so upset at the point that she would go off like that on me! i mean, those machines are only making a like two or three copies at a time. why did she have to do it there? she made me ten minutes late for class! my blood was just boiling the whole time! i can't stand girls and other individuals like that! i feel bad for her husband- man it must be bad to married to her. and that is why i will never go to another byu concert choir.

i almost turned around to him and said a few choice words to him.

i guess i just don't understand the logic of this one-
he chose to go to the concert
he chose not to leave early enough to get to class
he could have made the copy or whatever before going to the concert and could've gone straight to class
that girl had no idea that he needed to be somewhere- and maybe she (who obviously got there first) really needed to be making those copies?
those machines don't have a limit of how many copies you can make- as long as you keep providing the money
he really could have used one of the other dozens of stations all across campus


but yet, it was the choir's fault for having a concert he wanted to go to, and that girl's fault for using a publicly provided copier (glad i wasn't her!) for making him late to class. not his own. oh, and only girls and other individuals, not males, act like that. (what is his wife then, a martian?)


i just don't get it.


admittedly, maybe the girl could've offered to let him do his thing real quick and then contiued what she was doing. but she did try and help him out by telling him where some other places were that he could go. i almost said something to him, but restrained myself. would any of you have said something to him?

6 comments:

Laura said...

old laura would have DEFINITELY said something. Very sarcastic. Very smart-alecky.
new laura...the one that married Jason 5+ years ago, would have kept my mouth shut, and ranted about it later.

Unknown said...

I definitely would have said something! But good for you for biting your tongue. I tend to get even more upset after I say something.

Jill said...

I seriously love you right now. not that i don't any other time...i would like to think i would have said something, but unless it was a special jill day i know i probably wouldn't. But i definitely would have thought i had a world class idiot sitting behind me. He deserves a D.A. badge.

The Real Sugarbear said...

It's pretty obvious to me that he didn't see the ring on your finger and was just trying to get a cute girl to talk to him.
Not to take sides in their little confrontation, but xerography etiquette does require that, when making more than a few quick copies, one politely inform a waiting customer that one is copying a book.

Hydee said...

oh Katie...don't even get me started on this one! A similar situation happened to me when I was using a copy machine to make 6...yeah, that is right...6 copies. It was during finals week and I needed to make six copies because one of the members of my group didn't do anything he was supposed to and so I had spent the previous 5 hours doing his assignment. The girl behind me in line said, "You know, some of us have to use it too." I turned around and said, "Well guess what...there are 15 other copy machines on campus! Why don't you go find one if you can't be patient enough for 6 copies!" Okay, so maybe that was a little harsh but finals week was my excuse. :)

Porter Family said...

I would have told him exactly where to go.