Pages

1.30.2009

i do love a good deal



we had a very successful trip to the DI this afternoon. lindsay and i went with claire and we first found these little coyboy/girl boots. i went back and forth on them several times- they were eight dollars, but i didn't want to pay eight dollars for them, so we took them with us and the cashier said 'thats a lot for such a small pair of shoes.' i said 'yeah, is there anything you can do about that?' and he said 'we'll just make it $4.00.' score on that one!

the best deal was this little children's desk though- we found this in the yard area. just guess how much that was. just guess. okay it was only $12! we're going to stain and paint it. it works perfectly and i can't wait for claire to sit in it!

3 comments:

Laura said...

I am jealous on two accounts. One, i have always wanted cool boots like that for my kids, but am too cheap to pay $40 for them or more...and we don't have a cool DI. We do have Goodwill, but I would be insane to go with my kids.
2, I MYSELF have always wanted some cowgirl boots...like really bad.
OK, and now I am jealous for 3 reasons...no fair that Lindsey gets to be the cool aunt to snuggle Claire...i would be cool too! :)

Reimstar said...

Look at you, little bargain shopper! Love it all!

Amanda said...

I love the DI..so many good finds every time you go!