Pages

2.16.2009

so....

i'm trying to decide if i want to keep on doing 'love days' for the rest of february. for now i want to do this post because i've been thinking about it .... it was supposed to be the last one, but i wanted to do it now.

of the things that i love, my family is the most important. i just want to share a few things about each member of my family

joe- obviously i love him! there are so many things.... one of the biggest things that attracted me (besides his good looks, hubba hubba! :) was how much he genuinely cares, for me and other people. he is always asking what he can do to help out, and always knows how to brighten my day, no matter what. he puts up with a lot, and even likes to watch chick flicks with me! he's nt afraid to show emotion, and is devoted to being the best he can be.

claire- she is pure joy. she makes everyone around her happy! something we are just realizing- she really can't stand when someone is upset. she hasn't been around many kids being active and running around and noisy, but if someone starts screaming she starts to cry until it stops. and its a very different cry from anything else; its just pathetic! shes a love bug and sometimes cuddles, and she has the cutest giggles.

my dad- so much to love about my dad! his humor, his wisdom, his generosity.... he takes everything in stride and makes the best of any situation. he's so smart, and is a perfect match for my mom. he is a spiritual giant; i had a friend recently tell me that he thought my dad was a general authority, and couldn't believe he was a convert to the church.

my mom- when i think of my mom i think of being generous and kind and giving. she gives so much of herself. she would give the shirt off her back, take anyone in, do whatever it takes to help anyone out. she knows how to keep a home, and people notice that, and want to be around her. she makes friends with everyone, and is a great hostess.

older bro chris- chris never gives up. no matter what he gets right back and pushes through, never lets anything get him down. i've always admired his will and determination. he's got a different way of looking at some things, and it can be refreshing so see a different side of things.

older sis linds- lindsay is independent and strong-willed. she doesn't let ANYONE tell her what to do. if she doesn't want to do it, you better back off :) she knows what she wants, and won't settle for less. she is a creative genius when it comes to color and pattern, and seeing the end result of something. she's one of my best buds!

younger bro marshy marsh- marshall is smarter and has more potential than i think he realizes. he is passionate and cares deeply. he and i got to be really close through a lot of moves- we are pretty close in age, and before making friends at our new schools, we relied on each other. i'm so excited for him as he prepares to serve a mission!

younger sis sarah- she is beautiful and so fun. she gets picked on by all the older sibs, but she puts up with us and is a good sport.she makes friends with anyone, and wants te best for everyone. shes also really talented musically, and great at sports.

i wish i could know joe's family better, but a few things that i love about all of them:
they are some of the most welcoming, loving, and kind people i've met! before even meeting them they let me know that they loved me and welcomed me into their family. they are a ball of fun, and they sure know how to keep someone entertained. i really wish they weren't so far away, i hate not being able to keep up with them as well as i want to.

just a couple things i love about my fam... i could go on forever! they are the 'bomb dot come' and i miss everyone i can't see on a regular basis.

4 comments:

Polka Dot Craft Parties said...

We love you Katie! Thanks for taking care of our Joseph and bringing us our precious Claire! I have loved your "love" days - I have learned a lot about who you are and how you think. Thanks for sharing! Thanks for putting up with our "interesting" ways!

The Real Sugarbear said...

Katie, I will just say that it warms a father's heart to read the things you have written. And I hope you understand that so many of the things you love, so many of the blessings you enjoy, are a direct result of being born in the covenant and having the gospel of Jesus Christ in your life, being surrounded by family and friends and church member examples, and of course because of the choices you have made in your young life. You are awesome and we all love the example you set. Love, Dad

Mom and Sarah said...

Ah, KT-girl, thank you...made my day to know you love us all so much. Thanks for expressing it...I never tire of hearing how much my kids care for me and their siblings and extended family...hugs to you, Mama

LinnieBell said...

you're one of my best buds! count claire and joe in the best buddies circle, too! love you!